05 February 2009

Fabulous "fuzzy friends"

I tend not to buy stuffed animals/cuddly toys/"fuzzy friends" (as my Fiona calls them) for my girls but I just couldn't resist scooping up one for little Matilda recently on a trip to Target. Whilst we were strolling down the aisles looking for eco-friendly birthday presents for Fiona's upcoming birthday parties, I spied the new My Natural all-natural toy line from miYim organic toys.

I have seen miYim toys before and even added a few of their toys to my registry from Babies 'r Us. However, their line of organic toys previously out on the market were a bit pricey. The new line of My Natural toys are green AND affordable!

I snagged the cute little owl for Matilda (pictured second from the left above). It was definitely a hit with this eco baby! The cost of this new environmentally friendly friend - $4.99!!! The line has a variety of sizes - smaller friends and bigger friends dressed in natural clothing - all reasonably priced for parents on a budget!

So why are the Stapletons fans of the My Natural line? Well, My Natural toys are:

* 100% non-toxic - made from all natural cotton
* coloured using low eco-impact dye process - PureWaterWash technique
* minerals and soy colouring (dyed using plants!)
* the company is a supporter of fair labor ethics

I did a little research and found out that the line was released in Great Britain late last year. The toys were well received not only for the environmentally friendly properties but also because they are kind to baby's sensitive skin and good for allergy and asthma sufferers. In the US, Target has the rights to sell the line exclusively in their stores. Unfortunately, they are not yet available on Target.com.

Several other green parents with blogs have reviewed the dog and bunny and the overwhelming consensus is a big "green thumbs up" for the new My Natural toy line. I have several upcoming baby showers and I believe this product will find its way into my usual green baby gift basket.

Look for the toys in a Target near year and let me know what you think!

4 comments:

Going Crunchy said...

Cute! What a "hoot."

Ann Harrison said...

What a great price!
I'm going to go look for them.

Dawn said...

Thanks again for another great gift idea!!

I'd love to do a "green" gift basket for my friend who is due in June and I LOVE Target!

:)

GinSpaghetti said...

Kimberly -- hi! You are too sweet! I've added you to my reader too and was thinking the same thing about your blog! lol

You'll be my reference go-to when I have my own babies one day!!

(If, in the meantime, you could squeeze in some moments to write a how-to-go-green with children book for me, that'd be great... ;))